Home Equity U - Day 1
Includes a Live Event on 10/05/2021 at 12:00 PM (MDT)
The course will initially focus on the technical aspects of a reverse mortgage, including
1. A review of property and borrower eligibility profiles
2. The latest products and how much home equity could be available
3. The costs of putting a reverse mortgage in place. We will then look at various client profiles including “needs based,” mass affluent, and higher net worth, and various use cases in which a reverse mortgage could benefit each of these demographics.
We will then look at various client profiles including “needs based,” mass affluent, and higher net worth, and various use cases in which a reverse mortgage could benefit each of these demographics.
- Understand the technical aspects of a reverse mortgage including how they work and the products available
- Identify which clients could benefit from a reverse mortgage
- Understand various strategies for including home equity into a holistic retirement plan
Vice President or Retirement Strategies, Finance of America Reverse
Steve Resch is Vice President of Retirement Strategies for Finance of America Reverse, where he leads education and training programs for financial professionals across the country. Steve is also an investment advisor, partner in a wealth management firm, and designer of the “Reverse Illustrator”, a groundbreaking program that graphically displays the flexibility and options that a reverse mortgage can bring to a financial plan. Steve is a subject expert source, interviewed by numerous media outlets including TheStreet.com, Nasdaq Trade Talks, Yahoo Finance, Barons, among others, and is a frequent speaker at both national and regional professional conferences.
Vice President Strategic Partnerships, Retirement Strategies Division, Finance of America Reverse
Phil has over 25 years experience in financial services with many spent as a former financial advisor with Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley. He transitioned to reverse mortgages in 2006 and was National Sales Manager of the reverse division for First Horizon Home Loans, a Fortune 500 Co. Phil is the author of, “The Boomer Effect” published by FA Magazine and discusses the last major economic impact the baby boomers will have on our economy, Medicaid, and millions of families. He is a verified Researcher by ResearchGate. He has also been a speaker for past FA Magazine and FPA conferences.