Home Equity U - Day 2
Class will initially focus on a broader overview of the program including:
1. A brief history of both FHA and proprietary products
2. Understanding product misconceptions
3. Review of consumer and family safeguards, including what happens at the end of the loan term.
We will then narrow the focus and examine how a reverse mortgage can be used to reduce the risk of retirement portfolio exhaustion, based on our recent white paper.
- Address client concerns about program misconceptions
- Be proficient about consumer safeguards and protections
- Understand a specific strategy for reducing the risk of portfolio exhaustion by including a reverse mortgage in the distribution planning
Vice President or Retirement Strategies, Finance of America Reverse
Steve Resch is Vice President of Retirement Strategies for Finance of America Reverse, where he leads education and training programs for financial professionals across the country. Steve is also an investment advisor, partner in a wealth management firm, and designer of the “Reverse Illustrator”, a groundbreaking program that graphically displays the flexibility and options that a reverse mortgage can bring to a financial plan. Steve is a subject expert source, interviewed by numerous media outlets including TheStreet.com, Nasdaq Trade Talks, Yahoo Finance, Barons, among others, and is a frequent speaker at both national and regional professional conferences.
Vice President Strategic Partnerships, Retirement Strategies Division, Finance of America Reverse
Phil has over 25 years experience in financial services with many spent as a former financial advisor with Merrill Lynch and Morgan Stanley. He transitioned to reverse mortgages in 2006 and was National Sales Manager of the reverse division for First Horizon Home Loans, a Fortune 500 Co. Phil is the author of, “The Boomer Effect” published by FA Magazine and discusses the last major economic impact the baby boomers will have on our economy, Medicaid, and millions of families. He is a verified Researcher by ResearchGate. He has also been a speaker for past FA Magazine and FPA conferences.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|