College Financial Aid - What You Don’t Know Could Be Hurting Your Client’s Financial Future
Includes a Live Event on 01/26/2022 at 12:00 PM (MST)
Instead of just talking about the issue, advisors will gain insights on how to analyze financial aid policies at different institutions and help clients make more informed college buying decisions using the groundbreaking College Pre-Approval™ process.
Understand the stark differences in the Federal vs the Institutional Methodology used to determine a family’s expected family contribution (EFC).
Discover how to find schools that will the most generous with merit scholarships. Learn how to find schools that will be the most generous with financial aid regardless of income.
Attendees will learn how to help families pay for higher education, learn financial aid policies and strategies for reducing the cost of education through thoughtful planning techniques.
- Project a family’s financial aid and out of pocket cost at individual institutions
• Create a college funding plan and ensure students graduate with manageable debt without robbing retirement
• Understand the key differences in the federal and institutional formulas used to determine a family’s expected family contribution (EFC) need based financial aid eligibility
• Income and asset strategies to maximize financial aid offers
• How to analyze, compare, and appeal financial aid award letters
• Balancing college and retirement goals as part of a comprehensive financial
Joe Messinger, CFP®, ChFC, CLU
Partner & Director of College Planning
Capstone Wealth Partners, LTD
Joe Messinger, CFP®, ChFC®, CLU®, CCFC is on a mission to end the student loan crisis one family at a time. J
Joe is Partner and Director of College Planning at Capstone Wealth Partners. A fee-only RIA that specializes in financial planning for college bound families. He created the innovative College Pre-Approval® process to help seamlessly guide families through the college funding maze in a client-centric and comprehensive way.
As a co-founder of College Aid Pro™, Joe is raising the bar in college funding advice across the industry and empowering advisors with the tools they need to deliver expert advice.