Special Statement Regarding Certificates of Completion
Certificates of Completion for conference attendance and continuing education (CE) courses completed in the previous learning management system may not be reflected on your learning transcript. If you need access to an old certificate of completion or learning transcript, please contact Learning@OneFPA.org. Please note it may take up to five business days to process your request.
Continuing Education (CE) FAQs
Does the Financial Planning Association (FPA) offer CFP® Board continuing education (CE) credit?
- Yes, FPA is recognized by the CFP® Board as a CE Quality Partner.
How can I earn CFP® Board continuing education (CE) credit through FPA?
- Webinars (live and on-demand)
- Conferences and programs (FPA Annual Conference, FPA Retreat, FPA Residency, FPA Advocacy Day, FPA NexGen Gathering)
- Journal of Financial Planning and Financial Services Review Exams
How do I know which courses qualify for CFP® CE credit?
- If a course qualifies for CFP® CE credit, it will be indicated under the title and the number of credits will be represented with a credit icon in the course catalog.
How do I earn CFP® CE credit?
- Live Courses: Immediately following the conclusion of a live course, participants will have seven (7) days to complete the course evaluation in the FPA Learning Center to receive credit. Participants who do not complete their evaluation in seven calendar (7) days will not be eligible to receive continuing education (CE) credit. No extensions for CE credit will be granted.
- On-Demand Courses: Immediately following the conclusion of an on-demand course, participants will have until the course expiration date to complete the course evaluation in the FPA Learning Center to receive credit for the course. The course expiration date is contained in the program details located in the dashboard. Participants who do not complete their evaluation prior to the course expiration date will not be eligible to receive continuing education (CE) credit. No extensions for CE credit will be granted.
- Journal of Financial Planning (JFP) or Financial Services Review (FSR) Exams: Once the exam is successfully completed, you will receive your Certificate of Completion.
When is my continuing education (CE) credit reported to the CFP® Board?
- CE credit is not reported in real-time. When a course is completed, it can take up to one week for your CE to be reported to the CFP® Board.
- FPA reports completed CFP® CE credit to CFP® Board once a week, typically on Friday afternoons. Member/non-members can use their certificate of completion to self-report credit to the CFP® Board.
How do I access my certificates of completion?
- Certificates of completion can be accessed through your 'Dashboard' page, then click the gray 'Learning Transcript / Certificates of Completion' button.
Does FPA offer state insurance credit or other designations?
- FPA does not offer state insurance credit. Local chapters may provide courses that will satisfy state requirements.
- FPA only seeks course approval from CFP Board.
- Member/non-members can use their certificate of completion to self-report credit to other designations.
Who do I contact with questions about my continuing education credit?
- If you have questions about continuing education credit, please contact our Learning Team at Learning@OneFPA.org.
Online Course FAQs
What type of courses are offered in the FPA Learning Center?
- We offer live and on-demand courses. Live courses are offered on a specific day/time and on-demand courses can be viewed for up to 60 days following purchase/registration.
How do I view a comprehensive list of course offerings in the FPA Learning Center?
- To view a comprehensive list of all courses the FPA Learning Center, click on 'Course Catalog' to see FPA’s online content and register for courses that interest you.
- You can register for as many online courses as you’d like. The items in which you have registered will be found on your ‘Dashboard’ page.
How long do I have access to a course I purchased or registered for?
- Course registrants typically have access to a course for 60 days. In some instances, particularly late in the calendar year, a course may be set to expire (i.e. no longer eligible for CFP® CE) so the access window may be less than 60 days.
- Course registrants will receive a course access reminder email 30, 15, 7, 3 and 1 day(s) prior to a course expiration.
What if I want to complete a course that I purchased or registered for, but no longer have access to?
- Purchased courses: Course registrants that purchased a course and failed to complete it prior to the course expiration date may repurchase the course at their own expense.
- Registered courses: Course registrants that registered for a course and failed to complete it prior to the course expiration date may re-register for the course.
Is there a cost to register for a course?
- Each course has its own pricing. FPA offers many live and on-demand courses free of charge to members.
- In some instances, a live course may be free, but an on-demand recording of the same course may have an additional charge.
System Access FAQs
If I already have an account that I used to log into the FPA website, do I need to create a new account to log into the FPA Learning Center?
- The FPA Learning Center is integrated with the FPA website, which means you do not need to create another account. This is a single-sign-on (SSO) system. You only need one account to access all of our platforms.
What are the minimum browser requirements to utilize the Learning Center?
- Browser Requirements: Windows 7 or later Mac OS X 10.9 or later Chrome 60 or greater Firefox 52 or greater Edge 14 or greater Safari 10 or greater iOS 10 or greater Internet Explorer 11 IP Addresses and Ports to Allow for HTML5: 184.108.40.206 port 80, 443 (web and audio) 220.127.116.11 port 80, 443 (web and audio) 18.104.22.168 ports 80, 443 (web and audio) 22.214.171.124 ports 80, 443 (web and audio) 126.96.36.199 ports 80, 443 (web and audio)
- Other Recommendations: It is recommended that you use a PC or MAC with an updated Internet Browser. Make sure you have pop-ups blockers disabled in your Internet browser settings. Make sure that your internet browser is Active X enabled.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|