Media Mastery 2.0 Modules 1-4
Imagine confidently stepping into the spotlight, poised to share your financial expertise and insights with the world. It's not just a dream – it's a reality waiting for you with FPA's brand-new, on-demand virtual Media Mastery 2.0, developed with AdvisorPR and hosted exclusively through the FPA Learning Center.
This virtual, on-demand program demystifies public relations and offers a roadmap that takes you from understanding the essence of PR to mastering the nuances of engaging with different media platforms. The five modules include:
- Module 0: Prerequisite for Access to FPA MediaSource — In this complimentary module, you'll dive into the inner workings of the FPA MediaSource platform, where you'll discover the technical aspects of the system and the 11 essential keys to make this tool work for you.
- Module 1: The Foundations — Explore the essence of public relations and why it can be crucial for you. You'll delve into the basics, the different types of media outlets, and how to identify the right opportunities and set clear objectives.
- Module 2: Preparation and Research — You'll learn to create media-facing materials like a pro, including your media bio and boilerplate. Learn about the power of research, the various types of media requests, how to set expectations, and how to leverage your media attention.
- Module 3: Best Interview Practices —Explore the best interview practices for different media types, what to say, and how to stay compliant. Learn how to navigate time constraints, handle unexpected scenarios, and build lasting media relationships.
- Module 4: Advanced PR Strategies — This final module takes you beyond the basics. Dive into proactive PR strategies, perfecting the timing of your topics to align with media needs, the options of DIY PR versus hiring a professional firm, and fast-tracking your media exposure.
All this incredible knowledge is at your fingertips, accessible anytime, anywhere through the FPA Learning Center. The first module is free for all FPA members and a prerequisite for any CFP® professional member of FPA who wants to be part of the FPA MediaSource platform. Modules 1-4 are available to FPA members for only $99 and nonmembers for $199.
It's more than just a course; it's a prerequisite for financial planners like you who aim to drive impact in working within the world of media relations and want to speak with authority and confidence.
assistant vice president
With 10 years of communications experience, Jill Schofield oversees the strategy, planning and execution of client’s PR initiatives. She brings knowledge from a variety of firsthand media experiences, including executive producer, lead anchor and assignment editor for television media and as a color commentator and reporter for ESPN radio.
Alana Kohl is the founder of AdvisorPR® and an accomplished brand consultant, communications strategist, and publicist. Through turnkey PR programs and a proven approach to media relations, Alana has led her team to skillfully secure substantive media coverage and her leadership has been pivotal in shaping the industry’s most significant evolutions